HILL REGIONAL CAREER MAGNET HIGH SCHOOL
The mission of Hill Regional Career High School is to prepare all of our students to become productive members of their own community and a global society by providing an educational environment that establishes rigorous standards of academic performance with a focus on health and business. We encourage students to maximize their potential by promoting critical and creative thinking, developing technological competence and fostering respect for a diverse and changing world. These goals are the shared responsibility and commitment of the staff, faculty, students, parents and community.
Features & Educational Partners
- University / Community Partnerships -Yale School of Medicine -Coca Cola Corporation -SCSU School of Nursing -National Academy Foundation -Finance
- Major Scientific/Community Resources -Yale -New Haven Hospital -Hosp. of Saint Raphael -Yale School of Medicine -Yale School of Nursing -Connecticut Center for Mental Health -New Haven's Downtown Business District
- Health & Science, Business & Technology High School -Curriculum Developed with support of Yale School of Medicine -Specialized Technical Classrooms & Equipment -Tech, Prep Program -PC and Macintosh Computer Labs / Network -Internships at Hospitals and Area Businesses
- CIAC Interscholastic Athletic Program
How to Know Hill Regional Career Magnet School is Right for Your Child
- You have a fascination for the medical field.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You desire to be academically challenged while exploring the fields of health/science and business/technology.
Unique Ways Your Child Can Learn and Grow Here
- Honors, College and Advanced Placement courses as well as Independent Studies at local colleges to earn college credits
- Our partnership with the Yale New Haven School of Medicine makes it possible for our students to work in Yale medical labs and further develop their curriculum concept understanding through experiential learning
- External internships and project-based learning curriculum equip our students with leadership and teamwork skills needed for the demanding professional world
- Capstone Senior Presentation - a comprehensive project based on health or business tracks
- AP courses and Dual College Enrollment Courses
- Various partnerships with local colleges, universities and organizations